Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Dylusions Facebook Challenge Group

The Dylusions Facebook challenge group was set up by Sandra with the backing of Dyan. It's a monthly themed challenge, and Its a fantastic way to get you using all your Dylusions products and doing a theme you wouldn't normally chose to do yourself.
The Dylusions Facebook challenge group recently celebrated its first year and I have said every month that I am going to participate... (holding my head in shame right now) this month is the first ever month I have actually completed the challenge with literally just hours to spare!!

It's fantastic for inspiration, I love seeing what everyone else creates. You don't have to complete the challenge every month... there are no rules other than using Dylusions products to the monthly theme with the added bonus of if you win the monthly challenge you get to help decide the next months theme! 

Octobers theme was Black & White which was really out of my comfort zone as I always use colour... However in doing so I have re-descovered my love for doodling!!

I literally could not stop doodling!!! I loved the technique of drawing round the stencils then adding doodles to the images.

Here I have drawn around the Leaves Stencil on the Dylusions Square Journal


And here it is doodled with a black pen 


I have done the same but in the New Dylusions Black Square Journal with a white pen


I have drawn round the Holes Stencil with a black pen


I have then coloured around the outside of the holes with a thick black pen


I have then doodled with black & White pen 



And then here is my first ever completed Facebook challenge page!! Yipeeeee




Link to the Facebook challenge group (everyone welcome!)

I hope you enjoy them.

Love, Jay 





16 comments:

Linda said...

Hello Jay. Love the black and white, love the doodles, and love you're finishing challenge pages. They all turned out wonderful. Thank you for sharing them....Linda E.

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love the black & white!! What a great idea for a challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow I love the black and white, it's stunning Jay !

Diana said...

i don't know how you all do the doodling!!! it looks freaking amazing!!! I love the B&W challenge!

barbarastewart1 said...

It is just so especially FUN that you show us all your great ideas ... sure gets my nimble mind "back in the mood" to play in my journals.

stamping sue said...

All your doodling is fabulous! that page for the challenge is outstanding!!!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Gloria said...

Congratulations, Jay!! I am a lover of B&W, and I say with confidence that your two-page spread is fabulous, truly inspired. I have always felt stifled when it comes to doodling. But your step-by-step pictures make your lovely end results seem less intimidating, even doable! So I thank you so much for sharing with us.

Pat said...

gret ideas! I will definitely try! thanks for sharing. Your finished page is brilliant!!

Connie S said...

Jay, love your page...Beautiful. I purchased the black journal last month-I am going to try this. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing :) Connie

Caroline D. said...

great pages!!

Allycat x said...

Awesome! I love doodling, it's so therapeutic! I'm hanging my head in shame as I haven't participated yet either! There's time yet for Nov!

Elaine Creighton said...

Love how your pages turned out, especially the kitty page. I keep looking for the black journal but so far no local stores have them.

Greta said...

Fabulous! Beautiful doodling--love it.

Unknown said...

just as talented as your Mum, I'm now going to have to get a black journal thanks to your stunning art work x

Bondfan531 said...

Wow, those are awesome!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott