Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just take a deep breath and scream...

Fabby Flip Flap Album workshop today. It's a fast paced intensive workshop, because as usual I put far too much into it..!! But everyone managed to keep up and get it to an almost finished stage. Well they put it together lol.
L - R Helen, Pat, Gill, Sheila and Michelle.
Janet ( expert tag cutter), Chrissy, Helen, Pandora and Theresa.
Today is one of my long days where I start teaching at 10am and finish at 9pm, and its repeated again tomorrow, lol. But I actually got a good nights sleep last night, and so was at work for 7am and busy art journalling - again!! At the moment the pages are just flowing out of me, and so I need to get them down. As I said before some of the topics are painful, but I feel that I am healing because I just cant get enough of colour. Most of the backgrounds are bright with some wow in them. If they were all grey and dismal I would be worrying, lol. So I,m obviously optimistic about it all. One of my fave sayings is
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain".
And that's what I feel I am doing "dancing in the rain" , acknowledging the storm and just working with it and through it..!! It may look as though I am wallowing or living in the past, but it is the complete opposite. I am trying to make my peace with it all to enable me to move on. CANCEL AND CONTINUE as my Dad used to say. And if it helps others along the way then all the better. I am finding that I am not as frightened of exposing the real me as I thought I would be. If you don't like it, then just don't read it,lol. I am trying to live up to this saying
"I am who I am , your opinion is not required..!!"
Ha ha cool one that one yeah..??
Here's some more pages..






Got home tonight to the most gorgeous smell. As you all know I love lilies and always have them in the house. White lilies in the dining room, white roses in the bedroom, always lol. Anyway this week I couldn't get white ones, gasp, shock horror..!!, so I had to get pink ones and i wasn't all that happy about it until tonight when the smell hit me as soon as I unlocked the front door. Even sat up in bed I can smell then, I am truly in heaven. I know , I know , it doesn't take much does it..?? lmao.



I want to end tonight by sending as much love and hugs as I can to the lovely Susan. She was such a sweetie when Mum died and sent me a lovely card. Unfortunately she is now in the same boat, as her mum died unexpectedly at the weekend. I don't know what to say. What can you say..?? It is the most horrendous thing that I have ever been , or indeed still going through. And nothing any one said or did lessens any of it. But just knowing that people cared really touched my soul. And so I just want to say, Susan, you are such a special person, and I really care. I am just so very sorry that I cannot take away any of the pain you are going to be going through. Play Il Divo's Mama and just cry your eyes out babe, just cry and cry and cry. And then get journalling, get all the pain and the hurt and the regret and the "if only,s" out of your heart and onto paper. And if you cant do that, just ring me up, take a deep breath and scream down the phone as loud as you can at the injustice of it all.... xx

4 comments:

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Please pass on our deepest sympathy for Susan from me and mum.

You are right tho, what can you say? When we lost grandma in January I didn't want sympathy, I was too angry, I just wanted to shout and scream and look for someone to blame. The truth is their is no one to blame, but believing that myself is something I have yet to deal with.

Michelle said...

Hi Dyan,
Love the Journel pages.
Especially the one about Dancing in the rain, It's so true.
I will say a prayer for Susan.
It's such a sad time, as you well know. I am dreading when that day finally comes to me. I hate to think about it.
Big Hugs to you both.
Michelle xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Love your journal pages and you are sooo prolific. Might have to nick the 'cancel and continue' quote and use it as my new motto....can I 'borrow' it for a journal page?!
Don't know Susan but thinking of her....
Kate x

flutterbycrafter said...

Had a good day, as usual. I don't know Susan but am thinking of her.
Love the journal pages, I see from your photo that your dress sense hasn't changed much ;) xx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott